Pages

Monday 17 August 2015

My Fitness Journey : Week 2


Two weeks in and I have never felt better! Both my body and mind are really benefiting from the change in diet and exercise regime. I had three training sessions last week with Jessi, and really felt like she worked every single muscle in my body.

The first session last week was all upper body and core work. We used free weights and really worked my shoulders hard, in order to gain some extra muscles as explained in my last post.
We also did lots of planking and core work to focus on getting that super toned tummy.

The next session was focusing on my lower body. Squats, squats and more squats!! I also want really nicely denied calf muscles so we did lots of calf raises to add extra definition. Lunges were also the order of the day, and again, we also incorporated core work into the training session. 

Our last session of the week focused on my chest and back. I am a huge lover of backless dresses and tops, and with my wedding to work towards, I really want a nice sculpted back. My body definitely hurt in places I didn't know were possible to hurt the next day. 

My diest suffered a little last week as I had a hectic working week, from back to back meetings, to two photoshoots on Thursday and Friday. I tried to be as prepared as possible, but by the end of the week I did pop out for dinner with Paul and have a pasta dish!! (Don't tell Jessi!)

As I mentioned in my last post, Jessi from BikiniBody.ie runs an 8 week online training programme, and this is the last week to sign up for the next course. This includes your full training programme, diet plan, shopping list and recipes, 24/7 access to Jessi for nutritional and training advice, plus you are also added to a Facebook group with others who are all doing the challenge too. 
You can sign up on www.BikiniBody.ie 


Before I sign off for another week, I decided to include a quick recipe for the Peri Peri chicken salad I made for dinner this evening. 
I don't know if putting a salad together can be classed as a recipe but a lot of you have asked so here it is - 


- Chicken Breast stir fried in coconut oil with The Food Chef "Peri Peri" seasoning (available from www.Bodyfirst.ie)
- red/green peppers and baby corn thrown into stir fry for the last few minutes
- Served on a salad of spinach, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, spring onion and beetroot. 
- Served with a sprinkling of walnuts and some cider vinegar

PS. It was DELICIOUS! 

Until next week....

Lots of Love,
Rosie 
X



No comments:

Post a Comment