Pages

Thursday 15 November 2012

Oasis "My Personal Stylist" Competition

Ok, I know I have been MIA for the last few weeks, but I promise I have a pretty good excuse :-)



So, I entered a competition that was broadcast on TV3's Ireland AM, by Oasis, who were looking for the next up and coming stylist for their stores. I was advised by my friends and family that I would be mad not to enter. So I did, and within a few hours of sending in my application, I got a call to say I had been chosen for the top 30 entrants. I was shocked to even get that far!!

So we were asked to attend the Oasis flagship store at St. Stephens Green for an assessment day. This part of the competition was not filmed for TV. It was just a chance for the judges to whittle the numbers down to top 12. After waiting for over 8 hours on the phone call I was dreading, I got a call to tell me I was through to the top 12, and would start filming in two days time. To say I was excited was an understatement, I even cried on the phone call.. a real X Factor moment! 

This is when the fun started. We would do three separate challenges, over 3 weeks. Each week we had a different judge who would set us a task. The judges were Ian Galvin, chairman on Oasis Fashion Ireland, Bairbre Power, Fashion Editor of the Irish Independent, and celebrity stylist Lisa Fitzpatrick.


The first task, which was set by Ian Galvin, was to style ourselves in 40 minutes with a rock music brief, and present it back to the judges, explaining our style inspiration for the look. 

We then had to attend Ireland AM three days later, to find out who was going through to the top 8, live on TV! The nerves had set in big time at this stage as you can imagine.
I got through, and was excited about the next task.




The following week we were asked to meet the next judge, Bairbre Power, at Clery's in Dublin. We were asked to put together a capsule collection for a weekend away, selecting only 11 pieces. We needed to include an outfit for travelling, a day time outfit, and also something glam for a night out. This was my favourite task, and I went on to win it!! My pieces were featured in the Irish Independent's Weekend Magazine. I am so grateful to Bairbre Power for choosing my look.


The final task was set by stylist Lisa Fitzpatrick. We were in the TV3 studios bright and early for a live styling challenge. We were each given a leather piece to style. I was given a beautiful waterfall leather jacket. I wanted to wear it myself!! After this challenge we had to wait a full week to find out who won the 3 jobs on offer. 



We headed to Ireland AM again, and met with all three judges, and of course all the staff who worked behind the scene's throughout the competition. 
To my surprise, I WON!! I couldn't believe it when they called my name. This is literally my dream job, and I am so grateful to everyone who was involved in the competition. Congratulations to the other two winners, Claire Lane and Christine Murphy.


I have met so many lovely people throughout the competition, and cannot wait to get started in Oasis, St. Stephens Green. 

Be sure to book in your personal styling appointments with me :-) 

Rosie 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment