Pages

Saturday 9 August 2014

Make Up Must Haves

Many of you have been asking me what make up products I use and what I can't live without. As a qualified make up artist, I am always on the look out for the best products, and always like to try new lines that arrive on the market. 
Depending on my mood, I can go from a natural(ish!!!) face, to full on glamour. Lately I have found I am wearing less on my eyes, as I think a fresh dewy make up works best in summer. That means no lashes, liquid liner or even kohl, just some light shadow and a touch of mascara. 

I'll start with my foundation. I was always an avid MAC fan, from the minute I started wearing make up. I still love their bases, but I find day to day, I have a new love. I have been wearing the Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush mousse make up almost every day for over two years now. It has a light to medium coverage, and doesn't make your skin feel "cakey". I use the Real Techniques buffing brush to apply this. 



Depending on how my skin is, I may cover up any blemishes with MAC's Studio Finish Concealer if I need it. 



I contour and highlight every day, but will use a light contour from the Crown Brush Concealer palette for a day make up, and will use both the crown brush palette followed by Harmony blusher from MAC to create a more dramatic contour for night time, or more heavy make up looks. 


Highlighting has always been one of my favourite steps, as I think it really adds something special to your make up. I have been using MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in soft and gentle for years now, and can't seem to get away from it. No matter what highlighter I try, I always revert back to this one! 
I change my blusher daily, depending on my mood. Some days I like a pink tone, but lately I have been opting for a more coral blush, as I think it gives the skin a lovely summery glow. My current must have is  Peaches sheer tone blush by MAC. 




For a natural eye make up, I use either Texture or Uninterrupted from MAC all over the eye, blending out to give a soft finish. As for mascara, I am not the most loyal customer, as I chop and change mascaras everytime they run out. My latest favourite is the Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal mascara in black.





Lastly, my favourite lippie! Anyone who knows me, knows that I am rarely caught without some sort of nude lip. For years I was completely addicted to Myth from MAC, and would repurchase time and time again. I always have one in my make up collection, but I have discovered a new love, Sweet and Sour lippie from MAC. It's a beautiful orange tone and is my obsession over the last few weeks. 


So there you have it, a little insight into what you will find in my everyday make up bag. Of course, I have plenty more products, but these are the basics that I can't live without. 

If you would like a more in depth post on a particular make up look, or how I contour and highlight for a night out, please comment below. 

Lots of love, 

Rosie 



No comments:

Post a Comment