Pages

Wednesday 29 October 2014

40K : Thank You


So, call it pregnancy hormones, or just an overwhelming sense of gratitude, but I feel it is only necessary to say a massive THANK YOU to each and every one of you who have read my blog, followed me on Instagram or Facebook, and emailed me some of the nicest messages I have ever received. I have just reached 40K hits on my blog, and feel so overwhelmed by how much support I have received in the last few months.

Back in April when I found out I was expecting my first baby with my partner Paul, I was full of mixed emotions. I couldn't wait to be a Mum and start a beautiful family with the best man on the planet, but another part of me felt like my career and passions would have to be put on hold.
I couldn't have been more wrong. Since April, my blog has taken off in a way I could never have imagined, and I have met some of the nicest people along the way.
That feeling of having to let go of my dreams just disappeared, and I slowly started to feel like just because I was going to be a Mum, didn't mean my life goals had to be compromised.

I have received so much support from my family and friends, and in particular from my partner in crime! It means so much to have so many people behind you, encouraging you to keep pursuing your dreams. And I have no desire to slow down, even when our little son arrives. If anything, knowing he is going to be looking up to his Mum and Dad, gives me even more motivation to create an amazing life for us. 

Throughout my teens, I experienced bullying and the general nastiness that young girls can inflict on each other at such a young age. The constant comparing, jealousy and bitterness really got to me, and I ended up keeping a few close friends dear to my heart, instead of repeatedly trying to please everyone. 

I can now safely say, that my attitude towards how women treat each other has completely changed. Since starting out on this journey, I have come across nothing but supportive, confident and kind women, who have been so encouraging and positive to me. I love to see women supporting each other and helping each other out. In the words of Gloria Vanderbilt :

"I have always believed that one woman's success can only help another woman's success'

This couldn't be more true. I love seeing so many young, ambitious women who are all striving for success in whatever area they choose. 

As I have just reached the 40K milestone, I felt it was only right to thank you for making all of this possible, and creating so many opportunities for me for the future. I hope to continue to work hard and bring you a blog that you love to read, and can relate to. You have no idea how much every comment, private message and email means to me, and the fact that you have taken the time out of your day to support Hearts Heels and Handbags really means the world to me.

Forever Grateful,

Rosie 
x



1 comment:

  1. Hi Rosie, just wanted to say how much I love your blog. I look forward to seeing your instagram photos every day, you are such a glamorous pregnant lady. Best of luck with the remainder of your pregnancy and the exciting times ahead. X

    ReplyDelete