Pages

Tuesday 18 August 2015

Stokke Xplory Review


I am back with another baby post today, and this time it is my review of the Stoke Xplory buggy from Bella Baby. 

When I was pregnant with Harry, this was the buggy I dreamed of having. I always spotted celebrities in the magazines and online with this buggy and just loved the fact it was different to any other buggy out there. I will be honest, I based my love for the Xplory all on looks, and never considered whether it would be practical or not. However, at the time, I decided to go with a much cheaper brand and thought I would invest into one down the line when I knew what I was looking for from my buggy. 

Well, I learnt the hard way that you get what you pay for in life. I bought a pretty inexpensive buggy, in comparison to the average cost of buggies, and can safely say, it just didn't last. Harry was only in it a few months when the handles started to come away, and the steering of it became very stiff and hard to manage. For the price we paid, it did its job, but it was time to get a new buggy and what better one to look at then my "Ultimate Dream Buggy" the Stokke Xplory.


I picked mine up from Bella Baby. When my sister was preparing for the arrival of my niece, she got everything in Bella Baby and found them so helpful and easy to order from so it was the obvious choice. 

I have been using the Stoke Xplory for a few weeks now and I absolutely adore it. I actually look forward to taking Harry out in it, as he is so high up and close to me. It is so easy to interact with him when we are out and about, which is something he loves at 8 months old. He's a nosey little boy so loves being able to be involved in everything we are up to. It is also very easy to get in and out of the car. We live in an apartment but I do not find the Xplory bulky at all, and only ever fold it down when I am taking it in the car. All of the white buttons on the buggy are "action" buttons, so it is easy to follow when taking it down. 

I love the handle on the Xplory, and find it so easy to push with one hand, which is exactly what I need when I am out and need to take a phone call. The Xplory can face inwards or can be turned to face outwards when Harry gets a little bigger. The foot rest is also fully adjustable, so this too grows with your child. There is a 5 point harness system so no risk of him managing to get his arms out of the straps. The handle is also adjustable in height and can be folded right down so that you can put the buggy right into the table of a restaurant, meaning there is no need for a highchair. 
It can also lie back so that Harry can sleep, which is essential if you are on the go and your little one needs a nap.The hood part of the Xplory has a sun visor and really keeps your baby protected from the UV rays. It can also zip back to allow some ventilation on the hotter days.


One of the things I was worried about when I first looked at the Xplory, was the fact there there was no visible basket on the bottom, which is a must if you are trying to do the shopping with your little one. However, the Xplory comes with a  front basket disguised as a shopper bag, and fits everything you could possibly need to carry. I have never been stuck for space with it. I also picked up the matching changing bag, which clips on with two hooks, underneath the buggy and out of the way. 

My verdict on this buggy is that is 100% worth investing in. I love how stylish yet practical it is, and is super for city living. I am yet to find any fault with the Xplory and regret not picking this up from day one. There are so many accessories you can add to the Xplory, including a drinks holder, umbrella for the sun, winter kits and summer kits. They are all available from www.BellaBaby.ie 

The service I had at Bella Baby was second to none, and I will definitely be returning to pick up more things for Harry as he develops.

If you have any more questions on the Stoke Xplory please leave them below. 

Lots of Love,

Rosie 
X

1 comment: