Pages

Monday 5 October 2015

Image Skincare Review


I am back with a skincare review for you all. Some of you may have seen from my Snapchat a few months ago, that I popped into Renew Aesthetic Clinic in Dublin for a consultation about my skin. 
As I am in the process of planning our wedding, one of my main aims was to spend the next year getting my skin into the best condition possible, especially as we plan on getting married abroad, so a heavy foundation just won't cut it.

Renew Clinic has been running for 10 years in Dublin and for the past 2 years in Naas. It is run by highly qualified doctors and nurses with years of experience, so you are guaranteed to be in safe hands. 

As some of you know, I suffered from acne for a few years in my late teens, so have been left with some scarring on my cheeks. I had a meeting with the amazing staff at Renew and discussed what would be the best course of treatments to repair my skin and have it looking its best. 

When I was attending my Dermatologist for acne treatments, she recommended the Image skincare range, and had me using the Salicylic acid products to dry out my skin and clear up the active acne. 
As Image was recommended by a qualified dermatologist, I knew it must be good. 

After having a consultation with Sinead Gallagher, co owner of Renew, we mapped out a treatment plan for the next few months. Of course, I will be taking you all on the journey with me, from start to finish. 

The first step was to start prepping my skin with some "at home" treatments, before trying any stronger treatments. 


The first product is the Image Ageless Glycolic Cleanser. The glycolic acid in this cleanser gentley exfoliates and helps to resurface the skin. I began using this every second day for the first week, then moving to every day, and I am now using it twice a day. It takes a little while for your skin to adapt to it as there is a high level of glycolic acid in it, but over time your skin will get used to it. I tend to remove my make up first using micellar water, and just use this cleanser to clean and exfoliate the skin. 


The next product that was recommended for me was the Image MD Reconstructive Repair Cream. This is a very string cream, containing high levels of retinol, glycolic acid and oil soluble Vitamin C to resurface and rejuvenate the skin. I had to use this very sparingly as it is so much stronger than anything you get in your local pharmacy. It smells lovely, and is light on the skin. This is like having a professional treatment done in the comfort of your own home. Again, I used this every third day to begin with and built it up. 


The last product is the Image Prevention Daily Matte Oil Free Moisturiser SPF 32. I am sure you all know how important sun protection is. Even in cloudy Ireland, the rays are still present and can cause serious skin damage and ageing. This one is perfect to wear every day, under your make up. When using the strong products that I have mentioned, your skin is even more sensitive to the sun's rays, so being vigilant with sun protection is key. 

I have been using these products for nearly two months now, as I wanted to really test them out and see if they were worth it. I have really noticed a difference in my skin texture, and the surface of my skin is becoming a lot smoother to touch. One thing I will say is that when I began using them, my skin broke out just a little as it adapted to the new products being used. This settled down after the first week. 

If you are looking for top quality products that will change the appearance of your skin, then Image is definitely a brand I would look into.

You can head to www.RenewClinic.ie to find out more information about the range, and be sure to keep up to date with my upcoming treatments on my blog. 

Happy Monday, 

Lots of Love,

Rosie 
x


1 comment:

  1. Cant wait to hear what you think! I have heard your skin can slightly worsen while its adapting, looking forward to the journey!

    ReplyDelete