Pages

Monday 19 October 2015

Renew Clinic : Image Skincare Peel

Hi ladies. I hope you've made it through Monday in one piece!! 

Following on from my "Acne Story" which I posted last week, I am continuing my journey to getting my skin into the best condition possible for our wedding. 
Having cleared up my acne, the mission is now to heal my skin and tackle the dreaded scarring left behind. 

I chose to put my skin in the capable hands of Renew Clinic, based in Dublin 2 and now in Naas. Renew clinic is run by qualified nurses and doctors with years of experience behind them. There are so many local salons offering treatment for your skin, but when it comes to my face, I personally feel safest in the hands of healthcare professionals with the experience of nursing etc. behind them. 

Having met with Sinead, co-owner of Renew clinic, we decided to map out a plan for the next 12 weeks. I will be having Image skin peels performed every 2 weeks with 6 treatments in total. 
Today I popped along for my first one. 

I was a little apprehensive as when you think of a 'peel', you think of walking out with a really red face, and having your skin flake off over the next few days. This is not the case with the peel I had.  It is gentle enough on the skin that you can walk away feeling fresh faced and continue with your day, with very little down time in between. 

The peel I had was the Wrinkle Lift Peel. This ultra-resurfacing glycolic & retinol treatment exfoliates dead surface skin cells, leaving skin firmer and healthier.  The skin benefits of Glycolic Acid are well proven. This treatment promotes exfoliation, helps reduce surface skin oil, helps bleach unwanted skin discoloration, stimulates collagen production and visibly reduces the appearance of fine lines. This 40% Glycolic/Retinol treatment is especially made for skin that is aging, rough and uneven in skin tone, tired and dull, oily and acneic skin and acne scaring. The treatment is classed as a “Lunchtime” peel as there is no redness or downtime straight after the treatment and you can go back to work as normal.

Sinead explained everything to me as she did it. She said that the peel may sting when applied, and asked me on a scale of one to ten, how stingy it was. It never went above a 5 and was removed after 4 minutes, so it was completely bearable. I had anticipated a lot more burning and stinging. 

She then applied a mask once all of the peel was removed, to calm my skin and that was it. We were done in 30 minutes, and I was able to walk out of the clinic bare faced with no redness or irritation. 


I kept my skin make up and product free all day, except for some lip balm, mascara and of course my brows! 


Before bed tonight, I will be using my 'Post Treatment Healing Kit' 
This contains all the skincare I need for the next week, for both morning and evening. It is very important not to use anything other than what is advised by the clinic, as your skin really needs to heal in the right way. 



I am beyond impressed with how my skin feels today. It should dry out a little over the next few days as it heals and repairs, but I have everything I need to keep my skin hydrated and comfortable over the next two weeks, until my next peel. 


The treatment is €85 and includes your post-treatment kit. Renew clinic offer FREE consultations so be sure to check them out if you are interested. 
I hope I have given you as much info as possible, but if there is anything I haven't covered please let me know and I can answer any other questions you may have.


Thanks for reading, 

Lots of Love,

Rosie 
x



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting on this as I recently had a consultation for the same kind of chemical peel but was not really confident in the company or the prices 😢. 85 euro is brilliant I think I will make an appointment with Renew Clinic. Thanks again p.s. u also look great without make up ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosie, do you know how many you will have to have? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rosie, I love your blog. Is it recommended to have 6 or could you just have 1 to improve skin condition. Thanks S x

    ReplyDelete