Pages

Tuesday 1 December 2015

Baby Series : Choosing a Car Seat


I am back today with a much requested post about how I chose Harry's new carseat. 
The scary thing is that it feels like yesterday that I was securing him into his tiny Cabriofix on the day we left the hospital. He was so tiny and the seat just swamped him. Fast forward 10 months and his legs were dangling off the end of the seat and he just looked miles to big for it. 

It was time to move him into his "big boy" seat so I headed to Bella Baby to chose the perfect one for him. I had my eye on the Maxi Cosi Axiss after trying it out at the Pregnancy and Baby Fair earlier in the year. At the Bella Baby stand we were shown all the features of the seat, the colour ranges available and also got to try Harry in a range of seats to see how he liked them! 

So we were happy to go with the Maxi Cosi Axiss. I loved the fact that it turns both left and right to make it easier to get your baby in and out of the car. It also helps to make sure that the straps are correctly fastened and tight enough.  There is a handle on each side which is so easy to navigate and quick to secure back into the front facing position.


When I picked up the car seat from Bella Baby, they installed the car seat into my car for me, but also showed me how to do it myself incase we needed to change cars etc. It is very straightforward, using the three point seatbelt in the car. There is also a self-locking seatbelt tensioner to make sure the seat is as secure as possible. 

We went for the River Blue seat cover which can be removed and machine washed. 

We picked up Harry's seat a few weeks ago now and he is loving it. He loves looking out the window and being able to see us in the front of the car. He also has some great sleeps in the carseat too so I am guessing he finds it very comfortable. 

You can find out more about all the carseats that Bella Baby have to offer HERE

Lots of Love,
Rosie
X

No comments:

Post a Comment