Ever since Harry has become more mobile and more of a handful, I have found I have less and less time to apply my make up in the morning.
When he was very young he would nap for hours on end, leaving me lots of time to apply my favourite products and experiment with make up. Nowadays, if I get 20 minutes to myself in the morning I am doing well, so I have changed my everyday make up accordingly.
Some people question why I tend to wear the same style of make up most days, but until you have a baby, you probably won't understand how limited your time becomes. During Harry's one hour morning nap I have to shower, get dressed, put on some washing and throw on my make up for the day. So, as you can imagine, liquid eyeliner and bold lips just have to wait!
I have listed below the products I wear almost everyday. Bare in mind, I am sent lots of lovely products to try so some items may differ from time to time. However, these are the products I go back to over and over.
- Stila One Step Correct Primer (My holy grail primer!)
- Stila Stay All Day foundation in shade 7/Buff
- MAC Pro Longwear concealer in shade NC15 under my eyes and to highlight.
- MAC Harmony Blusher to contour (using this YEARS and always repurchase)
- MAC Dainty blusher (I change up my blusher regularly!)
- The Balm MaryLou Manize highlighter (EVERYDAY!)
- Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in Blonde for brows
- Inglot Brow Gel in 69 also at the end of brows for more definition.
- One of the following eyeshadows all over the lid
- MAC Uninterrupted shadow - Discontinued :-(
- DUPE for above is Buff Makeup shadow in Ochre
- Urban Decay Riff Eyeshadow
- I curl my lashes with a Shu Uemura curlers
- Lancome Hypnose Mascara
- MAC Stripdown liner
- MAC Prep and Prime lip primer
- MAC Runway Hit lipstick
This make up look takes me about 10-15 minutes to apply and lasts me all day. The only thing I touch up is my lippie after meals and thats it.
So as boring as some of you may find it, that's my everyday make up routine. It is something I get asked about alot form other Mums who are limited with their time each morning so I hope this helps.
Have a lovely Monday and I will chat to you all soon,
Lots of Love,